The way is was on Wesley Chapel Rd.



Just about a mile from my house on Wesley Chapel Rd. is one of the last vestiges of rural Cobb county in this area. Its about a 5 acre plot that actually has horses still pastured on it. A beautiful older home sits on the property and I'm sure that only the economic downturn has prevented it from being scooped up by some McMansion building developer. For now I can enjoy it, as it's along my jogging path. For years I've been running by whistling at the horses and enjoying the sunrise over this rare open space. It's fronted by black walnut trees and a muscadine grape vineyard. This first painting is true to the view but I was bit to concerned about portraying the walnut tree and my horse is too much in the middle. The second is of the muscadine vine as it stretches out along the front of the property.
Recently a group of equestrian enthusiast bought a plot across the street and put in a corral and a riding ring. They did a great job and even kept a run down farm house on the property that must date 100 years. The nice thing is that they pretty much kept it as it was. I'll be painting it's portrait soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment