Mountain Park Lake. 8/21/11



Painting #32 & 33. Both of these were done on the same day. These long sighted views are difficult to work on with such a small canvas. They both utilize the red background I've been experimenting with. I think it works on the shorter view but the greens get very brown on the other. The first view of the north side of the Lake Cherful ( that's how it's spelled on the map.) was a labor and took all of 4 hours. It's mostly lake and reflection but I fussed over the cottages. The other view took me two hours and I prefer it. It has the look of a Dutch landscape with red showing through quite a bit and the high hot weather clouds.
Today I did a closer view at a pond near bye and I think It's one of my better paintings. I'm still getting only about a 25% success rate on my work but I am beginning to get smarter about what I paint. I'll post it as soon as it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment