10/25/07

Implosion or what $? & Good bye old paint.
Oct. 25, 2007 -
Today Bob Cain e-mailed me and said we should go to all costs to save the existing cinder block structure during demo. This may be more ex
pensive so he wants to explore conventional construction on the roof to compensate for costs.
I don’t like this. I like the sips - but again this is his expertise.
Anyway, I asked if he might be able to do - deconstruction drawings - or come up with an alternate plan.

I also called the dumpster company to have them pick up for a last time - with no return.
I’ll miss it. You get a lot thrown out and completed when you have one around. It was much easier than trying to organize trash to throw it out. I‘d like to have one of those big wheeled, flapped ones you see in the city.
Cost was a monthly $115 plus a dump and return fee of $125.00- this varies by weight. It’s a $47.00 per ton - not much. I dumped it four times. I spent $2,500 to have it up there for 14 months. Not bad - it was a lot of stuff.
All my neighbors will not miss it. The only problem remains the container, eye sore to some. Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment