Loud Saturday/Gray Sunday
















Last weekend Saturday I spent several hours driving around Cherokee County looking for a good place to paint. I really don't like wasting good daylight driving around and this was one of those days. Arnold Mill Rd. runs east-west about 2 miles north of my house and I drove back and forth twice before finding a good spot combined with an adequate place to park. The results below look peaceful enough but don't tell the story. After about twenty minutes into this I realized I had set up near a shooting range. For most of the three hours I was there people were firing off high power rifles, hand guns, even sub machine guns! Then, all of the sudden a plane takes off from a field right across the street. I know how to pick 'em.
Sunday I watched the first half of the Falcons game, and when I grew frustrated with the score I decided to march down the hill and set up near the creek. It's was a colorless, light less afternoon and cold. That's never stopped me. It is a good excuse for this painting though. I actually like the color but with no help from the sun I had some problems with the depth. It was also devilishly complicated with twisting roots, rotting leaves, rocks and of course water—No excuses. I marched back up the hill to find the Falcons had come back from 23 down to win the game. Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment