2/17/08


Recycling Lore-Wide Shot
It was not quite as nice a day this Saturday as last. - but still warm. I rode up to my father-in-laws and we took his truck down to the shop. I got to work loading the wire an copper pipe. Bob and Bonnie helped. We were told that all the soldered joints must be cut out to get grade #1 or $3.45 lb. - so I hacked them off. It was much harder bundling up the wire and it took several hours to get it all loaded into Bob’s old Ford pickup. We started out about 3 p.m. for the re claimers up GA 384 25 miles away in Cornelia. It turned out to be quite an adventure. We had only about a quarter tank of gas and bad directions - finally after an hour, a few anxious moments trying to find a gas station, and cell phone call, we made it to Bobby’s Recycling. It turned out to be a treasure trove of mountain personalities fulfilling all your wildest stereotypes. I gave a hand getting all the pipe and wire out and weighing the different grades. We had a 197 lbs. of wire plus the pipe. They wouldn’t give me anything for the wire inside the metal pipes so strip it out if you get a chance. They gave me a slip and I took it to the office, a young lady wrote me out a check for $497—Not bad.
I took a few nice shots using my wide angle - two stitched together for this picture of my entire world on Center Baptist Church Loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment